Based on Permenkumham No. 26 of 2020 which has been released on. 1st of October, 2020 then:
1. For holders of Kitas / Kitap whose validity period has expired, and are still abroad, they are declared expired and are required to apply for a new Visa to enter Indonesian Territory.
- The previous Immigration Regulation issued on 18 September 2020, stated that foreign workers who are outside the territory of Indonesia could enter Indonesia until 31 December 2020. So with the issuance of Permenhunkam No. 26 of 2020, then this regulation is declared invalid, or in other words foreign workers whose KITAS / KITAP have expired and are outside the territory of Indonesia, then CAN NOT enter Indonesia, must reprocess the new Evisa.
2. The BKPM Recommendation Letter, that previously needed for new Foreign Worker or foreigners from outside the territory of Indonesia to:
- Business Visit (Single Visa B211)
So, starting on Monday, 12 October 2020 - BKPM has not received applications for recomendation letter for foreign workers. This change adapts to the current regulations, namely Permenkumham No. 26 of 2020.
For BKPM application submission files that have been submitted, BKPM will still be processed and completed.
The NEW application process for a Work Permit and a Stay Permit (Work / Visit - Meeting) can be processed directly at the relevant agencies without a recommendation letter from BKPM.
3. For Single Visit Visa (B211), currently the Director General of Immigration has issued an E-visa, not a telex visa anymore. So, company guests who want to visit Indonesia with a B211 visa, can come directly to Indonesia without going to the Indonesian Embassy (KBRI) first to convert telex visa into a visa.
4. For multiple visa (D212), currently it CANNOT be processed
5. Free Visa and Visa on Arrival (VOA) will still be temporarily STOPPED until the covid 19 pandemic is declared over.